The Pet Sitting IndustryThe professional pet-sitting industry is growing rapidly because many pet owners feel that there are advantages to using pet sitters, rather than traditional pet care or pet kennel options.
People do not simply hire anyone to take care of their pets. Many take just as much care finding a pet sitter as they do a baby sitter. People love their pets and often think of them as members of their family.
Reasons people use pet sitters include:
- Possible reduced stress on pets because pets are cared for in their own homes;
- No "travel trauma" to pets because they do not need to be transported anywhere;
- Exposure to illnesses and parasites from other animals is minimised;
- Required vaccinations are often less restrictive than those necessary at a kennel;
- Pets stay on their regular routines and do not need to adapt to new environments;
- Not having to deal with neighbours, friends or family members feeling that they are inconvenienced;
What do Pet Sitters do?Pet sitters do much more than provide a pet with food and water while you are away from home. A good pet sitter also spends quality time with the animal, gives him/her exercise and knows how to tell if the pet needs special attention. The pet sitter essentially becomes the surrogate 'parent' whilst you are away on business, holiday or are unable to attend them for whatever reason arises.
What are the benefits to your pets:
- Their regular diet and routine.
- Relief from traveling to and staying in an unfamiliar boarding kennels with other animals.
- Your pets receive attention whilst you are away.
What are your benefits:
- Happier friends and neighbours, who aren't burdened with caring for your pets.
- The peace of mind that comes from knowing that your pet is being cared for by a professional.
- You will have happier, less stressed pets when you return.